Black and white images can add an element of graphic contrast to your story, or professionalism to your non-fiction text. If you would like to insert black and white graphics in your book, including photos, tables, charts, diagrams, etc., please follow the guidelines below.
Submission Guidelines for inserting graphics into the interior of your book:
- All interior graphics (including photos, tables, charts, diagrams, drawings, foreign fonts, and anything else that is not text or would be considered a graphic) should be submitted as individual TIFF (.tif) files.
- The manuscript should identify placeholders for each of the interior graphics. Example: 'PLACE [IMAGE NAME] HERE' and please include captions.
- The additional graphics fee is $5.00 per image insertion within the manuscript.
- All illustrations are produced in black and white or grayscale.
- The book cover does not "count" as a graphic. It is in full color for no additional charge.
- Printer slang for "full color" is "four color"; this means the full range of colors, not literally just four colors.
Good to Know | information
Choosing the format of your book is a big step. This service is completed during the design process and costs $5.00 per item. To find out more or to order, please call 888.232.4444.