Your book has all the elements Hollywood wants — an exciting plot, well-developed characters and fresh content — yet there’s still a crucial piece you need in order to be taken seriously by established entertainment executives.
A treatment is a thoroughly developed guide that outlines how a screenwriter would adapt your book into a fully-developed screenplay. As the framework used to transform your work into another medium, Hollywood Storyteller is the first step to drafting a screenplay. Not only does it provide the structure for the screenplay, but it also ensures that you and your screenwriter are on the same page regarding the direction your story is taking.
By defining exactly how a screenwriter is going to approach the adaption of your book, you eliminate work for agents, studios and producers. By giving them a shortcut to the essence of your book, you can clearly demonstrate that your book has what it takes to succeed on the silver screen.
Once your Hollywood Storyteller is complete, we will submit it to our first-look Hollywood partner, Thruline Entertainment, who will review your work as a potential adaptation for film and television. Thruline Entertainment is a Hollywood management and production company whose clients include Academy Award Nominated screenwriters, Emmy Award winners and numerous A-list Hollywood actors.
How It Works:
- From our network of screenwriters, we’ll match you with the one who best complements your book’s story and genre
- Your professional screenwriter will provide a thorough five to ten-page treatment detailing how he or she plans to adapt your book’s manuscript into a film and/or television screenplay
- Once your treatment is prepared, it will be considered for TV or movie adaption by Thruline Entertainment
- If Thruline is interested in working with you, they will contact you directly and explain their plan of action to gauge your interest.
- If Thruline chooses not to engage with your concept, we’ll enter your treatment into our Hollywood Database where movie and television writers, agents, directors and producers have access to the information
- The screenwriter waives all rights to the treatment, so you maintain full ownership of your story
View a Hollywood Gatekeeper example »
About Thruline Entertainment
Thruline Entertainment is a full-service Hollywood management and production company whose talent and literary roster includes Academy Award nominated screenwriter Annie Mumolo (Bridesmaids), Emmy Award-winner Kirk Ellis (John Adams), Emmy Award-winner Barry Julien (The Colbert Report), Michael Cera (Juno, Superbad), Emmy Award nominee Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Emmy Award-winner Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) and multiple Emmy Award-winner Allison Janney (The West Wing.) Their production arm, Tagline Pictures, produces the hit USA Network series Psych. In addition to their wide reach among major studios, agencies and production companies in Hollywood, Thruline has strong international relationships with producers and talent reps where Thruline has optioned numerous books for scripted television and film development across the globe.
Please Note: Hollywood Storyteller provides an adaptation based on your book. Details in your plot, characters, etc. may change in order to best fit movie and/or television production. Please do not attempt to contact Thruline directly or your project will immediately be removed from consideration.
GOOD TO KNOW INFORMATION | Hollywood STORYTELLER
If you are serious about turning your book into a movie or television series, Hollywood Storyteller is an aggressive approach to reaching your goal. To learn more or to order our Hollywood Storyteller service, please call a Trafford representative at 1.888.232.4444.