The Author, Gebre Tsadik Degefu, was born in Ethiopia. He was educated at:
- Theological College of the Holy Trinity, Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
- Athens University, Athens, Greece, BA
- Bonn University, Bonn, Germany, Dr. Jur.
- Graduate Studies at LSE, University of London
- Graduate Studies at Pace University, NYC, MBA & M.Sc.
Degefu has worked as a Government Attorney and in Private Law Practice in Ethiopia and is currently a Consultant.
The author is familiar with the Nile Basin area and has first-hand experience with water related issues. He wishes to inform those interested in forming an educated opinion on water scarcity and population explosion.