Teach me about Science is a comprehensive thematic unit. Its many reproducible
pages are filled with a wide variety of ideas, games, and activities
designed for use with children ranging from ages 6 to 12.
The strength of this book lies in its balanced approach, which involves young
learners in every aspect of the communicative process (speaking, reading,
writing, listening, and drawing). In this way skills and knowledge grow quickly as
children are stimulated by involvement and interest in the topic at hand.
Moreover, not only are academic skills improved upon but so are social skills. A
development which can no longer be neglected let alone taken for granted in
today's ever-communicative world. Children must learn to work cooperatively in
order to be successful in modern society; and parents and teachers must do
their best at including social objectives as well as academic in their child's
This thematic unit contains:
- Work sheets: basic summary of theme
- Trading cards: fun cards to synthesize learning and stimulate group activities
- Drawing guides: confidence-building techniques to enhance
observation, motor, and creative skills
- Internet scavenger hunt: activities that challenge children to use and become
more familiar with computers as a research mechanism
- Writing ideas: suggestions for writing activities
- Creative thinking: ideas for creative thinking
- Hands-on: activities designed to foster cooperative learning
- Games: activities to build problem-solving skills
- Bulletin board: suggestions and plan for theme related interactive bulletin
- Bibliography: suggested literature, software and Internet resources
The classroom teacher may reproduce copies of materials in this book for classroom use
only. The reproduction of any part for an entire school or school system is strictly prohibited.
No part of this publication may be transmitted, recorded, or stored in any form
without written permission from the publisher. Thank you.