About the Book
Ivan Schmidt, a disbarred attorney, has his real estate license revoked - still, he convinces a group of fellow real estate exchangers to open their meetings to non-licensed owners. Each member of the group has his own agenda for agreeing with Ivan, though some are motivated by a fear of what Ivan might do if they donÕt go along.
Soon, Ivan convinces a drug lord that he can solve his problems of getting drugs across the border while getting cash out of the country. Ivan points out the process requires two steps - first, buying out-of-state real estate owned by senior citizens, newly settled in the Southwest; second, trading that real estate for property out of the country.
To help with his scheme, Ivan hires Elmira Dunbar to set up and run the real estate marketing sessions that will attract senior citizens, along with regular real estate exchangers. The latter being a rogue's gallery of "characters," with ethical standards ranging from noble to none - many of whom have a unique way of operating.
Sprinkled throughout the story is a realistic portrayal of the way people think and operate the way they do. Occasionally, a bit of humor falls in place; but in the end it's the reality that each person is responsible for deeds he has done, either vindicating or condemning himself.
Also addressed is the United States' policy toward drugs, medical care and the plight of illegal migrants.
Overall, the purpose of the book is to entertain, while at the same time provoke readers to think about what might happen if we allow greed to grow and fester unfettered...
About the Author
- Licensed Real Estate Agent in the State of Arizona since 1984 and a licensed, self - employed Real Estate Broker since 1990.
- Experienced in listing and selling residential and commercial properties, land and handling real estate exchanges.
- Former member of the Arizona Association of Real Estate Exchangors and the Tucson Real Estate Exchangors. Active from 1984 until 1997.
- President of the Tucson Real Estate Exchangors - 1993.
- Member of Real Estate Solutions, LLC. A privately owned marketing company. Conducted a real estate exchange meeting open to the public in 1996.
- Master's degree in Social Work --- University of Denver, Colorado, 1963 - 1965.
- Psychiatric Social Worker Ð USAF - 1966 - 1970.
- Drug and Alcohol counselor - 1970 - 1971.
- Supervisor for two group homes of adolescents -- 1971 - 1974.
- Palo Verde Mental Health Clinic - Tucson, Arizona - part time psychiatric social worker Ð 1992 - 1993.