About the Book
In Dragonfly Qigong Dr. Michael Steward Sr. adapts ancient Chinese Qigong exercises, utilizing new modern enhancement tools to develop and improve the energy flow within the human body. Dragonfly Qigong offers a series of mind directed bodily movements which exercise and condition the whole being. The conscious mind directs the movements of the body in accordance with the principles of Qigong. The result is a harmony of the mind, body and spirit, which is unique to the practise of Qigong.
Practiced on a regular basis, Dragonfly Qigong exercises will improve your internal and external energy flow. Added health benefits are as follows:
- An added increase in energy
- Unifies and relaxes the body, mind and spirit
- Decreases stress levels
- Improves circulation
- Increases efficiency of ones heart, lungs, other organs and muscles
- Improvement of ones overall health and mental outlook
Another significant attribute of Dragonfly Qigong is that the exercises are gentle enough for individuals of limited health (but who are still reasonably functional) to practice right away. There are many cases of people with respiratory problems, metabolic disorders and spinal ailments, who, with the consent of their physician, have shown positive improvement from practicing Dragonfly Qigong exercises.
Dr. Michael Steward Sr. is an international authority on a wide range of martial arts, including Qigong, Tai Chi Chuan, Karate, and Ju-Jitsu. He has been teaching for almost three decades. Besides being the creator of Dragonfly Qigong © 1999, he is also the creator of Head Smart Body Safe© 1988 women's self-defense program, Raising Some Cane © 1996 a Ju-Jitsu weapons system and Progressive Coaching © 1997.
About the Author
- Ranks & Certifications
- 29 years in the martial arts
- PhD/ Martial Arts Sciences/ Philosophy
- Master Instructor- Taiji & Qigong
- National Certified U.S.A. Coach
- Inducted into The World Martial Arts Hall of Fame 2000
- Inducted into The World Sports Medicine Hall of Fame 2000
- Inducted into The World Karate Union Hall of Fame 2003
- 3 Time Team U.S.A. member
- American Athletic Trainers Association- Sports Medicine Trainer
- American Sports Medicine Association- Sports Medicine Trainer
- National Qigong Association- Professional Member
- Personally trained four national champions, thirty international USA team members
- Personally trained in the following countries; USA, Austria, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Ireland, Denmark, Russia, France, and Canada
Creator of "Head Smart Body Safe Self Defense Program" © 1988
Creator of the Ju-Jitsu Weapon System "Raising Some Cane" © 1996
Creator of "Progressive Coaching" © 1997
Creator of Dragonfly Qigong © 1999 .