This book “Basis for Project Management” covers proven knowledge and traditional project management practices which are widely used as well as ways to identify and describe all tasks and activities that are acceptable and needed to manage a project. The term acceptable means that the knowledge and practices described in this book are applicable to most projects most of the time. This book provides a basic reference for anyone interested in the profession of project management. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Project managers and other project team members.
• Managers of project managers.
• Project customers and other project stakeholders.
• Functional managers with employees assigned to project teams.
• Educators teaching project management and related subjects.
• Consultants and other specialists in project management and related fields.
• Trainers developing project management educational programs.