What is it that is revealed in the Revelation of Bethlehem?
This fascinating book discusses the meaning of the name "Bethlehem" and explains why the Messiah was born in this little town. The format combines short meditations on the Birth of Christ with detailed explanations of certain points, which are gathered together as footnotes in sections called The Grain Bins.
The information brought forth in this work includes such accounts as:
1. The reason why the village of Ephrathah had its name changed to Bethlehem.
2. The reason why Caleb chose the city of Hebron as hi portion, and the relationship between the city of Bethlehem and the Calebites: the "dog" clan offshoot of the tribe of Judah.
3. The possible Calebite ancestry of King David.
4. The native origins of the shepherds.
5. The reason why Adam was brought into the Garden of Eden and the two stages of mankind.
6. The meaning of suffering.
7. The hidden reason behind the flight; to Egypt and the return to the Holy Land.
The author is a Scripture scholar who brings a wealth of material to light in this study, helping the reader to discover some interesting details about the birth of Christ which will make the infancy narratives even more meaningful.