LIVING FULLY WITH LOW VISION AND BLINDNESS
About the Book
This book is meant for parents, teachers, family and friends of individuals who have low vision or are blind. Any reader can find the information helpful and positive. A particularly good use of the book would be to read and discuss the content with the person who has low vision or blindness. My intention is to help those people, and others along the way who are interested, live, love, laugh, and make maximum use of their talents. The subjects listed below provide insight into the topics covered in the chapters.
• Be proud of yourself.
• "Self-Talk" concepts.
• Mobility skills.
• Orientation skills.
• Visualization and acoustics.
• Reading print and Braille.
• Writing print and Braille.
• Computing using screen readers and screen magnifiers.
• Computing Using Braille note takers: BrailleNote, PacMate and Braille Sense.
• Mind-power boosting thoughts and suggestions. My favorite chapter.
• A pleasant plea to parents and other interested persons.
About the Author
TED WAS BORN APRIL 8, 1933 WITH GLACOMA, WHICH OCCURS IN PEOPLE OVER 40. HE ENJOYS THINKING HE’S ALWAYS BEEN 40 YEARS AHEAD OF HIS TIME. HE TAUGHT VISUALLY IMPAIRED STUDENTS IN THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS FOR 47.6 YEARS AND ALSO UNIVERSITY LEVEL TEACHER EDUCATION COURSES.