Even in an age when digital media and publishing are becoming more and more integrated in our everyday lives, libraries still play an undeniably important role in communities. They’re sites of history and education, and they’ve always been valued by readers of all kinds.
Self-published authors may find that getting librarians to stock up on their titles can be challenging, even for the savviest among them. Because of this, Trafford Publishing has designed the Library Focus Service, which helps you with your goal of getting your book into libraries through a strategic mix of print ads in two publishing-related publications, and a customized sales kit.
The Library Focus Service includes:
- Your book, pitched to the Collection Development Departments and Acquisition Librarians of 25 public libraries across the US (with focus on a specific area or state), over the span of three months, using a customized sales kit
- A single-slot print ad in Baker and Taylor’s Forecast Catalog
- A single-slot print ad in the quarterly publication ForeWord Magazine
- The Booksellers Return Program for 12 months
- A guarantee that at least 2 of the libraries will agree to test your book
- You also have the option to extend your campaign by adding 25 more public library systems.
- In order for us to guarantee that at least two libraries will test your book, we may recommend that you allow our professional designers to make your book cover more acceptable to libraries at no extra cost. You may also choose from these editorial services to ensure that your book has been professionally copyedited and is library-ready.
- Your book’s official publication date must not be more than two (2) years ago; alternately, you or your book must have received recognition in any form (an award, a 5-star review, or media coverage) in the last 24 months. If your book does not meet these criteria, we cannot guarantee that the bookstores/book retailers will stock a test copy.
- Your book must already be available for sale before the campaign starts.
About Forecast Catalog
The most widely circulated monthly publication of Baker & Taylor, Forecast Catalog boasts a subscriber base of 45,000 librarians and 15,000 retailers in the US. It primarily promotes new and forthcoming adult hardcover, trade and mass-market paperback, and spoken-word audio titles. This magazine enables publishers to reach out to bookstore owners, libraries, retailers and wholesalers. By getting to know future bestsellers and other noteworthy titles, booksellers can make well-informed buying decisions. Your title information will be featured on a separate catalogue-style ad mailed with Forecast Magazine along with a select group of Author Solutions (Trafford Publishing's parent company) authors.
About ForeWord Magazine
One of the most reputable publications in the industry, ForeWord is a bimonthly magazine with a readership of more than 30,000 librarians and booksellers – including 1,100 American Bookseller Association members—all of whom make buying decisions and reader recommendations that affect the reading habits of millions of patrons and consumers. It is carried in all Books-A-Million bookstores, select Barnes & Noble stores, and independent bookstores across the US. Founded in 1998, it is still the only magazine showcasing critical reviews and title trends exclusively from the expanding independent publishing market.