Publishing with Trafford

I do not have a Social Security number because I am not a U.S. Citizen. What now?

Even if you live outside of the United States, you will still earn a royalty just as our American authors do, but we are required to withhold 30 percent of your royalty earnings for federal taxes. This percentage will be withheld unless you provide us with a properly completed IRS form W-8BEN which must include an IRS issued foreign tax ID. With a properly completed W-8BEN, we will withhold taxes at the treaty rate in effect between your country of residence and the US. Any money that was previously collected can be reclaimed with your taxes at the end of the year, but we cannot repay it. For more information, or to download a W-8BEN, visit www.irs.gov or consult a qualified tax professional.