When the Hull City Tigers football club of England hit the big stage of the Premier League for the first time in their 104-year history, several thousand fans vowed to visit all twenty stadium grounds for the Premiership. Devoted fan Paul Collingwood took the opportunity to conduct a personal survey to see which “grand day out” ticked all the right boxes. The Premiership Match Day Experience is his entertaining, tongue-in-cheek result.
Collingwood pinpointed five key areas of each stadium necessary for creating a balanced, overall evaluation. These included:
- Accessibility – Well-marked road signs and directions are a must.
- Facilities – Food and drink play a major role in a perfect match day.
- The Stadium – First impressions, inside and out, count for a lot.
- The Match – Any incidents of note, including songs, fights, and injuries, add to the spirit of the game.
- Character –Tradition, nostalgia, distinctive design features, and even the people!
The season-long mission produced a few surprises for Collingwood and a whole lot of excitement. After all, his prime motives were to sink some beers and enjoy the Tigers’ first ever season in the top flight!
Which stadium provided the best experience? Find out in The Premiership Match Day Experience.