As a self-published author in the competitive literary industry, securing as many book reviews as you can get helps you stand out. Your potential readers look to professional reviews to get an indication of the quality of a book, so you need to partner with the pros – like BookLife Reviews.
BookLife is a website created by Publishers Weekly, that focuses on supporting indie authors. Since 2014, the site has become a haven for authors who want to navigate the complex literary industry and to connect with like-minded writers.
Just like Trafford , BookLife is also dedicated to helping self-published authors achieve their publishing goals. So we've teamed up with them to create the Indie Book Review Bundle. This service doesn't only give you a comprehensive review crafted by professional Publishers Weekly reviewers under the BookLife Reviews brand; you'll also benefit from a variety of marketing campaigns!
With this service you get:
- An extensive book review by BookLife* that includes:
- A 300-word review that covers the plot summary, critique, and analysis of your book. It will also include an assessment of which readers are most likely to enjoy the book.
- An honest, positive one-sentence takeaway that summarizes the reviewer's opinion of the book's best aspects and likely audience.
- A list of comparison (comp) titles and/or authors.
- Letter grades (from A+ to C) for five production elements: cover art, interior design and typography, illustrations (if applicable), editing, and marketing copy.
- Online banner ad campaign on PublishersWeekly.com with 10,000 impressions
- You’ll get a banner featuring your book that will be shown in PublishersWeekly.com. The site has over 14 million annual unique visitors.
- 1 out of 8 ad slot in a Publishers Weekly Supplement
- Depending on your book’s availability, your book ad will appear alongside seven other titles in one of the next available Publishers Weekly’s stand-alone supplements. The Publishers Weekly Supplement is handed out to attendees in specific industry events or conferences. Learn more about the supplements below.
- Each of the supplements is also center-stitched to a corresponding Publishers Weekly magazine, which is distributed to Publishers Weekly’s 68,000 print subscribers on the same week as the industry event or conference.
||A convention for the owners and staff of independent booksellers in the US. It is a place where booksellers hear about publishers’ picks for forthcoming books for their audiences.
||An annual conference that includes a 3-day forum, workshops, keynotes and trainings with more than 330 booksellers from 44 states gather in the conference, including 62 scholarship recipients, and 230 participating stores. It was this diversity of attendees – from owners and senior staff to frontline booksellers, and from large stores to microstores – that fostered an atmosphere that was at turns both explosive and enthralling.
||It is a Publishers Weekly annual event in association with Frankfurter Buchmesse, which identifies and celebrates members of the US and Canadian publishing communities who are blazing trails and doing innovative work.
|AAR & SBL
||It is the world’s largest gathering of scholars interested in the study of religion. This event includes an exhibit hall with more than 130 publishers exhibiting – the best place to review the latest publications within the field.
As an indie author, you control when your BookLife review is made public through a BookLife account created for you. When you publish your review, you get these bonus features*** to help you get more marketing buzz for your book:
- The entire review published in one of the monthly BookLife sections on the Publishers Weekly print magazine sent to its 68,000 subscribers. We’ll send you a free copy of the issue where your book review appears!
- BookLife submits a copy of your book review to industry database systems such as EBSCO, Ingram and Proquest, making your review accessible to all bookstores and online retailers.
*This service is most suitable for books that are in English, with not more than 150,000 words, and are commercially available in the US.
**Publication dates are subject to change according to the show schedules set by the event organizers without prior notice. Please contact Trafford to confirm dates for you.
*** Fulfillment of bonus features require the BookLife review to be published on BookLife.com
Data Source: PW Media Kit