You’re convinced that your book has all the elements for adaptation to the small or big screen. Now, you need to convince Hollywood’s decision makers, and we can provide you with the right tool for the job—a Treatment for your book with the Hollywood Storyteller service.
A treatment is a thoroughly developed 8- to 10-page long form pitch that outlines how a screenwriter would adapt your book into a fully developed screenplay. As the framework used to transform your work into another medium, Hollywood Storyteller Treatment is the first step to adapting your book to film, television, or new media formats. A professional screenwriter who has experience adapting books to film and television will write the treatment for you.
By defining exactly how to approach the adaption of your book, you eliminate work for agents, studios, and producers. By showing them your book’s visual potential, you can clearly demonstrate that your book has what it takes to succeed on the silver screen.
Once your Hollywood Storyteller is complete, we will submit it to our first-look Hollywood partner, 5 More Minutes, who will review your work as a potential adaptation for media. 5 More Minutes is a full-service production company run by veteran Hollywood executive John Saachi. Their ongoing projects include the film adaptations of the New York Times best selling books, Dork Diaries and Rogues Gallery.
HOW IT WORKS:
- From our network of screenwriters, we’ll match you with the one who best complements your book’s story and genre.
- Your professional screenwriter will provide a thorough 8- to 10-page treatment detailing how best to adapt your book into a film and/or television screenplay.
- Once your treatment is prepared, it will be considered for TV or movie adaption first by 5 More Minutes.
- If 5 More Minutes is interested in working with you, they will contact you directly and explain their plan of action to gauge your interest.
- Your Treatment will also be included in our Hollywood Database where movie and television writers, agents, directors, and producers have access to the information.
- The screenwriter waives all rights to the treatment, so you maintain full ownership of your story.
Please Note: Hollywood Storyteller provides an adaptation based on your book. Details in your plot, characters, etc. may change in order to best fit movie and/or television production. Please do not attempt to contact 5 More Minutes directly or your project will immediately be removed from consideration.
About 5 More Minutes
5 More Minutes is a full-service production shingle run by veteran Hollywood executive John Sacchi. Sacchi has spent over two decades in the entertainment industry. Before founding 5 More Minutes, Sacchi spent 15 years as a senior production and development executive at Lionsgate Films where he oversaw films including Confidence, Employee of the Month, They Came Together, My Bloody Valentine, The Possession, Killers, The Last Stand, Addicted, Conan the Barbarian, Punisher, My Best Friend’s Girl, Pride, and Akeelah and the Bee. Some of the current projects 5 More Minutes is developing include an English language remake of Instructions not Included, directed by Anne Fletcher for Lionsgate; Vanish Man directed by Lee Toland Krieger and co-produced for 21 Laps and Lionsgate; Dork Diaries, which is based on the New York Times best selling children's book series and produced for Lionsgate; and the New York Times best selling author's Rogues Gallery, which is being produced for Lionsgate Television.